Wednesday 11 January 2012

Little bloomin creatures

A while back I saw this lovely animate short called The Lost Thing, based on a book by Shaun Tan IMDB pages for the film

At the end, the Thing gets take to live with a bunch of other kooky creatures including a little 'valve guy' that you can see in the screen shot.

These two are made from amplifier valves and Fimo clay. I pull the base off the valve, drill holes and poke small nails through to locate the tenticles and make it good and firm. The Fimo is baked in the oven to set it, which is really easy but I still managed to incinerate the first batch!!

I think I'll make some more of these, it surprising what a set of tenticles can do for a fairly everyday object!

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...